Thursday 14 August 2008

Aah …

I heard a lot about writer Sujatha and about his novel through my friend in the last few months. My friend is a die hard fan of Sujatha and always praises Sujatha’s work to the core. After few months I got curious to read Sujatha’s novel and read few novels. They are really impressive and the level of knowledge the Author has got on the subject is really awesome.

You could have observed that in the movies like Anniyan, Sivaji etc. My friend suggested me to read a novel called “Aah” and the story is about an IIT guy suffering from “Auditory hallucination”. I was really surprised on hearing the plot of the story. Imagine a young guy (passed out from IIT and working in a software company) started hearing voice and the voice persuades him to commit suicide (Interesting right?).

The interesting part of the novel is that each episode of the novel ends with the word “Aah”. If you get a chance then try reading this novel and I am sure you will like it.

2 comments:

Vasu. said...

Vijai,

The best part of Aah is the novel was written in the 80's when no one knew much about IIT's or computer science. Sujatha would have mentioned about Mainframe & COBOL in Aah..

Vijai said...

@ Vasu - I also got a feeling that "Anniyan" character or some aspects of the character may be inspired from this Novel.